1. Question: Who counts the items?
Answer: A team of workers from JULIMEN, Inc, will count the items.
2. Question: Who will pick-up the clothing bags?
Answer: Our driver from the JULIMEN, Inc. receiving center will pick-up clothing bags.
3. Question: What if our organization or team has less than 150 bags?
Answer: There is no bag minimum or maximum to participate. However, There is a minimum of 150 for our drivers to pick-up. If your organization has less than 150 large 13-gallon or larger size trash bags, we can extend your campaign to collect more bags or schedule your organization for a drop-off at our receiving center located in South Gate, CA or
4. Question: When do we need to confirm our bag count?
Bag count must be confirmed 3-business days prior to pick-up. If you have less than confirmed at the time of pick-up, there will be a $50 gasoline charge deducted from your order.
4. Question: Can I do multiple teams at the same time, same pickup or drop-off?
Answer: Yes, we can take multiple team pick-ups and drop-off. Bags MUST be labeled with team name, so that the team will receive funding for those item they collected.
5. Question: Do you typically hold Clothing Drive on weekends or weekdays?
Answer: Yes and No! Your organization can host the Clothing Drive weekdays or weekends, whatever day or time is convenient for your organization. However, our Pick-ups are only Monday-Friday 8:00-12:00pm depending how far your organization is from our warehouse. Drop-offs are Monday-Friday 9:00-1:00pm. The warehouse closes at 2:00pm.
6. Question: What type of clothing do you accept?
Answer: We accept pants, skirts, shorts, shirts, tops, blouses, jackets, sweaters, coats.
7. Question: What Clothing items don't you accept?
Answer: We don't accept undergarments, underwear, bras, socks, scarfs, belts, pillows or t-shirts with promotional info on the front or back.
8. Question: Can you accept rugs, pillows and curtains?
Answer: Yes, we accept small rugs, decorative pillows and curtains.
9. Question: How much do we earn on clothing, shoes, linen items collected?
Answer: Currently, we are running our PER-POUND campaign for clothing, purses, backpacks, shoes, sandals, linen - towels, sheets, blankets, comforters.
10. Question: How much does the typical group earn on a campaign?
Answer: It is solely dependent on the amount of participation the group has with promoting the clothing drive and how many people donate clothes. Teams, groups school, districts have earned between $100.00-$16,000.00.
11. Question: Do we have to plan our fundraiser with an event?
Answer: No, this is just an idea to draw more participants.
12. Question: When do we receive funding after collecting the clothing bags?
Answer: It usually mailed out within a week, providing you have completed the receipt form giving a copy to the driver and emailed a copy to our office
13. Question: Will our organization be credited for every item submitted?
Answer: Unfortunately, there is not a 100% return. Items are thoroughly evaluated for quality and can be rejected if faded, torn, rip, soiled, stains, buttons missing or zippers not working. We can only pay for quality items that are gently worn and usable by someone else.
14. Question: What happens to the rejected items?
Answer: Rejected items are recycled donated to an outside agency that shreds the clothing and used to make the bottom of rugs. This is also our way to be environmental responsive in not letting clothing end up in the landfills.
15. Question: What teams, groups, schools or districts have used your program?
Answer: Reference List available upon request.